Is my new obsession.
I’ve had several friends recommend that I start watching. Given my obsession with all things British, I wasn’t surprised by the suggestions. I anticipated the show would be good, but what I didn’t anticipate are the following:
- It’s on PBS!! Titled under “Masterpiece Theater” (for when you try to record it). Who doesn’t love Masterpiece Theater? It brought back many a fond memory from 5th grade video in class day.
- I find myself speaking in a British accent for hours after viewing.
- Even more concerning than the terrible faux accent is that I find myself wondering why I can’t have servants to bring me breakfast in bed every morning. Just when I thought my GMA mornings were spoiling me, I realize I can always hope for more.
- I now address Terry as “My Lordship”
- Those gowns! I want them. All. Even the black mourning gowns.
- I want to put my life on hold in order to get caught up to season 2. I just need one day, a pot of tea, scones, lemon curd, and possibly one beaded gown to get the job done. And my accent, of course.
- Terry loves it too! I totally did not see that coming. This just enables said obsession.
- Dame Maggie Smith cracks me up. The majority of her previous performances have always intimidated me, so I didn’t anticipate giggling during most of her scenes.
Thus, thank you sweet friends for encouraging me to watch. I can’t tell you how happy I am to have something else to talk about besides The Bachelor. I know you are going to throw Jersey Shore in my face for that one. But it is true. No one finds love on reality TV. 72 days. Need I say more?